Sunday, July 27, 2008

From Vancouver

Saturday, July 26th, 2008,
I left home with mom at 12:30 pm. Uncle Hay, mom's brother who was visiting with his family from Hong Kong, drove us to the airport. We checked in, and fortunately, I got an upgrade so I could join mom in business class. We got a drink at Starbucks. I had orange juice, and mom had a tall mocha. Afterwards, we went through the gate and went to the "JAL Sakura Lounge," a lounge for just the business class people. We stayed there for an hour. We had instant ramen and Coke. I emailed my friends and told them I was going on the plane soon, then left with mom to the airplane. We got to cut through the line because we were in business class. We boarded the plane at 2:45 pm. Our seats were on row 2 of the entire plane. In business class, 2 chairs took up the space of 3 economy class chairs, and the leg room was double. The plane left at 3:25 pm. I watched three movies during the flight; Penelope, Horton Hears a Who, and 21. They were all excellent. After the 8 hour flight, we arrived at Tokyo, Japan. We spent 45 minutes there shopping, then transferred flights to Hong Kong. It was a 5 hour flight, and I was in economy class while my mom was in business class. Fortunately, I slept the whole way through. The embarrassing story is that in the middle of the flight, I woke up and I heard a ding. I got my bags together and stood up, because I thought we landed. I was about to walk up to the air stewardess to help me get my backpack from the overhead compartment when I realized that the ding was only my imagination! Well, we got to Hong Kong at 11:00 pm, Hong Kong time. My dad and grandpa picked us up. We are here at Hong Kong for 5 days before flying again.

No comments: